Track and Field finishes strong at Clemson tournament
The Furman Paladins competed in Clemson, S.C. Feb. 10-11th for the Clemson Tiger Paw Track & Field tournament.
Senior Lee Gilmer placed first in the mile with a time of 4:09.95 on Friday and fourth in the 800m on Saturday. Another outstanding senior, Chris Caldwell, captured first in the 5,000m with a time of 15:13.20 and placed sixth in the men's 3,000m. For the women, senior Erin Barker broke her own record with a winning time of 4:54.35 in the mile.
"So far, our girls team is running really well and are getting much stronger with each passing week," said Barker. "I think we have a lot of speed we haven't tapped into yet mainly because indoor track is training for outdoor track, so I'm very excited to see what the team can do at the conference meet in three weeks."
"The team is filled with leaders," said Coach Bridget Posey." Some are quiet leaders who do so by example. Others are more verbal. For the women, Brooke Mosteller, Erin McChristian, and Erin Barker are all great leaders and exemplify hard work. Our senior men are great leaders also. Leadership is not just barking out orders and expecting people to do what you tell them. Leadership is making people feel comfortable around you, sometimes be willing to back down so that others can grow and develop."
Furman's Track & Field team will be back in action in Clemson, S.C. for the Clemson Tiger Tune-Up on Feb. 17th.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Paladin News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE PALADIN NEWS
RECENT THE PALADIN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age